On our new episode of #GospelCentricMeets, we had an interview with South African Award winning Artist, Actor and Radio Presenter and Hillsong Church (South Africa) Worship Leader, ‘King D Music’. Take your time and have a chilled drink as you read through our exclusive interview with him.
– What is your Full Name?
King D – Denga Takalani
– What does Music mean to you?
King D – Music means life to me. It is my escape.
– What inspired the album ‘Seasons’?
King D – A tough season and a season of loss I went through with my family.
– How does it feel living out your dream in acting?
King D – It’s amazing! I’d like to do more though, like get a prominent role on a movie, series or a soapie.
– How have you been able to combine music and acting together?
King D – Music has always been my first love and I only took acting serious in recent years so it was easy for me to combine the two cause I love them both.
– How have you been able to merge being a worship leader of a huge church alongside being an independent artist?
King D – The love for music, worship and the love for His “CHURCH”outside the four walls of the normal church.
– Do you find any obstacle in getting your music all over Africa and beyond?
King D – Yes I do and that is funding. I am signed to myself and I pay for everything out my pocket and I haven’t been making a good return so it is hard to get my music where I wanna take it cause I don’t have the means at times. But I’m excited for the doors that God is opening so hopefully my music gets to be distributed
across the African continent and the globe very soon.
– What other artistes are you bringing along in your Seasons Tour starting in Pretoria on the 2nd of March?
King D – We are still deciding with my team because there’s a certain feel we are going for with the tour and we just wanna make sure we get the right artists on board. I will announce the line up once we are done deciding. But all I can say is that people should expect to see the best of Artists/ Worship leaders who are hungry for God’s presence.
– Any plans to feature a Nigerian artiste on any of your tracks in the future?
King D – I’d love to work with Sinach because of her pure heart of Worship. She’s incredible! I’m so obsessed with her ministry and songwriting.
– Any new song dropping this year?
King D – I have a song I will be dropping on the 1st of March. Just a day before my day of tour and “Seasons” album launch.
– Any new project to be released this year?
King D – I might do a full album again or an EP this year. I’m still not sure. Let’s see what God says
– Who do you look up to in the music industry?
King D – At the moment it’s Tauren Wells, Sarah Reeves, Hillsong Y&F and Benjamin Dube.
– What’s the best experience you have ever had as a musical artist?
King D – Being able to write what God puts in my heart and witness God using the very same songs to change people’s lives. That gets me all the time. Best experience ever!
– Tell us about the Gospel music industry in South Africa?
King D – The Gospel Music industry in SA is amazing and doing well so far. There’s obviously things we can work on like artist writing new songs and stop recycling what other people wrote years ago but I feel like God is doing something new in our country and I’m so blessed to be part of the new thing and the new sound
coming from our land.
Follow King D on Twitter/ Instagram : @Kingdmusic
Please JOIN Our Telegram Channel for Fast Latest Updates